The beautiful scenery and great weather of San Carlos make it one of the most visited destinations in Sonora. These are our top five activities in San Carlos.
1. Visit San Carlos Scenic Lookout. This beautiful scenic lookout gives a panoramic view of the Sea of Cortez. Named by National Geographic as number one of the Top 10 Ocean Views in the World in 2011, it is also found within his book “Secret Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World’s Best Hidden Travel Gems”. An ideal place for nature lovers for its beautiful landscapes and alluring sunsets enjoyed while observing the majesty of Cerro Tetakawi.
2. Hike Cerro Tetakawi. One of the busiest, but also most challenging activities is to conquer the top of Cerro Tetakawi, where the journey to reach the top of this mountain is exhilarating and tiring, but arriving and seeing the wonderful view makes it all worthwhile. To climb Cerro Tetakawi is necessary to go with a certified guide for its degree of difficulty.
3. Kayaking or paddle boarding. The calm waters of the Sea of Cortez are ideal to enjoy these two activities without leaving aside the fun and the wonderful view of our beaches, it is an excellent activity for the whole family.
4. Visit EKOTURA Marine Aquatic Park. First water park in northern Mexico with over 13,000 square feet of aquatic challenges. It has international security protocols for its manufacture, operation, cleaning and maintenance. Unmatched fun!
5. Venture into Nacapule Canyon. For lovers of adrenaline and adventure, the Nacapule Canyon offers zip lines, hanging bridges and rappelling circuits unique in Sonora. It is the perfect option to spend a day full of emotions and enjoy its tropical weather and hike the canyon.